[Fsf-friends] [ILUG-BOM] BIS committee votes against ooxml

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 15:39:20 IST 2008

2008/3/20, Nagarjuna G. <nagarjun at gnowledge.org>:
> India's BIS votes against ooxml.  out of 19 members, five of them did not
>  attend the meeting, one of them abstained, five voted in favor of ooxml, and
>  the rest voted against.

Congratulations to all those who worked so hard for long hours, days
together to bring this victory!

For the rest of us, we should use this victory as a starting point and
join campaigns to save our country from the lock-ins and lead to a
knowledge society.

In Rabindranath Tagore's words,

Where the mind is without fear

   and the head is held high,

   Where knowledge is free;

Where the world has not been broken

up into fragments by narrow domestic

         walls;

 Where words come out from the

         depth of truth;

 Where tireless striving

       stretches its arms towards

          perfection;

 Where the clear stream of reason

      has not lost its way into the

 dreary desert sand of dead habit;

    Where the mind is led forward

 by thee into ever-widening

      thought and action–

 into that heaven of freedom,

     my Father,

        Let my country awake.

One such campaign which needs your support is SaveKarnataka campaign

http://groups.google.com/group/savekarnataka?hl=en
http://savekarnataka.wordpress.com/

Regards
Praveen