[Fsf-friends] Why Schools Must Embrace ODF and FOSS

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 18:03:05 IST 2008

Schools are being prevented from enjoying a revolution in software
provision, and self-sufficiency is being halted by the promotion of
dependency, said Ian Lynch, spokesman for the Open Schools Alliance.

"Innovation starts with teachers and pupils, but under BSF the
school's IT strategy is taken out of its hands," he said.

see more news at how Microsoft is trying to lock students at an early
stage http://boycottnovell.com/2008/04/19/school-odf-koffice-nlnet/

We (those us us from Kerala) can be proud that we did not let our
children to suffer, but be watchful, they are trying hard. See how
Microsoft's playmate Infosys is selling our children and our countries
future.

http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm/browse_thread/thread/5187fd263da0e0da

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍