[Fsf-friends] [ssug-malappuram] Bad news: OOXML won the vote for ISO standards approval!

CK Raju, Thrissur ck.thrissur at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 10:21:31 IST 2008

"ISO captured by vendor Microsoft

Brussels, 2 April 2008 — ISO members failed to disapprove the Open XML
format. Microsoft has compromised the International Standards
Organisation (ISO) during the rush to get a stamp for their Office
OpenXML (OOXML), using unfair practices such as committee stuffing in
several countries and political interventions of ministers in the
standardization process.."
"I see an anonymous comment suggest that ISO now stands for: I Sold
Out" — Groklaw, What Really Happened at the BRM for OOXML & Who
Attended

Details at http://www.noooxml.org

CK Raju