[Fsf-friends] Any possibility of using Nokia 3120 as gprs modem?

sandeep Kumar blackray@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jul 3 21:36:10 IST 2006

Thanks Tinku,

> There is an efficient and easy to use tool named ' GPRS Easy Connect ' to
> get GPRS connection on GNU/Linux. You can download it from the following
> link.
> http://easyconnect.linuxuser.hu/

I downloaded it and am trying it out. But so far no luck. I have shared the results of my so far attempts and observed issues and HOPES (about phones mentioned by nokia as non modem ones) at -

http://www.gprsec.hu/modules/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50

Any further feedback/suggestions from fsf friends are welcome.

Raju: My non-nokia cable is detected by cp2101 (Silicon Labs) and pl2303 (Prolific) drivers not by ark116. But I am working with 2.6.17 now.

There is a small issue though, if I load only pl2303 (that gets associated with ttyUSB0), "wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf" and "wvdial" (with handcrafted wvdial.conf) both result in segmentation fault due to some messup with EIP in  "..... serial_open ... -> ... pl2303_open " leading to applications getting terminated with locks held and only way back to reloading the needed drivers successfully is after reboot.

If anyone else experienced similar issue and resolved, it could save some time. In any case more clues always help.

Could not get old ksymoops to help - perhaps some format difference b/w /proc/ksyms of earlier days and /proc/kallsyms now or some other issue - will check it out tonight.

---
Sandeep
Want to know more about me? Check out http://www.geocities.com/shimple0