[Fsf-friends] Re: Fsf-friends Digest, Vol 33, Issue 10

Raj Mathur raju@antispam.org
Mon Jan 16 22:42:57 IST 2006

    Krishna> [snip]

    Krishna>   e.g. You dont have right to read and understand the
    Krishna> program, all students of computers should care about
    Krishna> this. You dont have right to make improvements, so
    Krishna> localization cannot be made. Both of us can read and
    Krishna> write english but normal ppl cannot do so, ...

Erk, I'm not normal now?

    Krishna>   From wikipedia "Furthermore, the openness of free
    Krishna> software eases internationalization creating economic and
    Krishna> social benefits for users in more countries"

    Krishna>   3) As we are finding out, property regimes of knowledge
    Krishna> are inefficient and create indirect taxes, I would like
    Krishna> to avoid them.  4) Would you want to support Wikipedia or
    Krishna> MSN encarta? both are free of cost but if you wanted to
    Krishna> contribute, where will your contributions go?  Wikipedia
    Krishna> right?  Why? Because wikipedia is Free as in Freedom, and
    Krishna> nobody makes money off of it.

Please don't confuse the Free as in Freedom with making money.  I make
money out of free software, as do lots of people.  Free/Libre and
Proprietary have nothing to do with commercial or non-commercial.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                raju at kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/