[Fsf-friends] FSF is incomplete w/o FIF (or something equivalent)

Ajay Pal Singh Atwal ajaypal@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Apr 21 11:48:01 IST 2006

This is a very good idea, though i do hope some one can point on the legal issues/ validity of FIF. There are a lot of inteligent people and if it is possible to document ideas and somehow before the patent hogs get to patent them or even think of them.

Sounds good. But ofcourse I do hope someone from legal background will comment on this.

Sincerely

Ajay Pal Singh Atwal
Dept of CSE & IT
BBSBEC, Fatehgarh Sahib
Punjab, INDIA

----- Original Message -----
From: sandeep Kumar <blackray at indiainfo.com>
To: FSF India Friends <fsf-friends at mm.gnu.org.in>
Sent: ਵੀਰਵਾਰ  20 à¨
ਪਰੈਲ 2006 09:04:54 ਸ਼ਾ. IST
Subject: [Fsf-friends] FSF is incomplete w/o FIF (or something equivalent)

Hi,

Past couple of days, I interacted with RMS over this and in the process not only found about existence? of FSF India chapter, but also that I hadn't been the only one who got the wrong idea about association of OpenSource movement with RMS.

FIF - Free Ideas Foundation, a forum where people can register their ideas, whether usable directly or in future, whether to do with computers or any other fields. People/Organisations can pick these ideas and develop product out of it, but can't practice the monopoly called patents. As a benefit for the consumer, this will present the options for better implementations and improvisations of same idea. But as far as I look at this FIF, it comprises of computer s/w and h/w related ideas, but not limited to these only.

A little background behind this can be seen on http://idiotkid.blogspot.com/2006/04/opensource-is-incomplete-w_114390315747515869.html
and
http://www.geocities.com/shimple0/techcorner.html

Nagarjuna had asked me to introduce myself on this list, as other lists are kinda dead. I have been working as consultant for s/w companies as well as teaching at Pune University Computer Science Department as visiting faculty. Details more than this you can check out via "[Professional Details]" link on my homepage.

May be my views are what has been discussed here in past, but I believe each time we come across same question, if environment/conditions have changed, we are likely to get different and each time more refined and closer answer.

Sandeep
-----
Want to know more about me? Check out http://www.geocities.com/shimple0