[Fsf-friends] FSF is incomplete w/o FIF (or something equivalent)

sandeep Kumar blackray@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Apr 20 21:04:54 IST 2006

Hi,

Past couple of days, I interacted with RMS over this and in the process not only found about existence? of FSF India chapter, but also that I hadn't been the only one who got the wrong idea about association of OpenSource movement with RMS.

FIF - Free Ideas Foundation, a forum where people can register their ideas, whether usable directly or in future, whether to do with computers or any other fields. People/Organisations can pick these ideas and develop product out of it, but can't practice the monopoly called patents. As a benefit for the consumer, this will present the options for better implementations and improvisations of same idea. But as far as I look at this FIF, it comprises of computer s/w and h/w related ideas, but not limited to these only.

A little background behind this can be seen on http://idiotkid.blogspot.com/2006/04/opensource-is-incomplete-w_114390315747515869.html
and
http://www.geocities.com/shimple0/techcorner.html

Nagarjuna had asked me to introduce myself on this list, as other lists are kinda dead. I have been working as consultant for s/w companies as well as teaching at Pune University Computer Science Department as visiting faculty. Details more than this you can check out via "[Professional Details]" link on my homepage.

May be my views are what has been discussed here in past, but I believe each time we come across same question, if environment/conditions have changed, we are likely to get different and each time more refined and closer answer.

Sandeep
-----
Want to know more about me? Check out http://www.geocities.com/shimple0