[Fsf-friends] Karat Releases Tamil Free Software

Nagarjuna nagarjun@antispam.org
Mon Nov 28 04:24:15 IST 2005

Frederick Noronha (FN) wrote:

>Karat Releases Tamil Free Software
>People's Democracy
>(Weekly Organ of the Communist Party of India (Marxist)
>
>Vol. XXIX
>No. 47
>November 20, 2005
>
>Karat Releases Tamil Free Software
>
>PRAKASH Karat, general secretary of the CPI(M), formally released Tamil free
>software and open source tools developed by Panacea  Dreamweavers Software
>Private Limited, a Chennai-based company. The packages were received by Dr M
>Anandakrishnan, former vice-chancellor of Anna University at a function in
>Chennai on November 9.

pdsoftware.in page asks for a propreitary plugin to view the page.  It
is ironic that the company releases free software.  Now I doubt, whether
the software released is free in what sense.  Can our friends in Chennai
find out who they are, what is the software released etc.

Nagarjuna