[Fsf-friends] Karat Releases Tamil Free Software

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf@antispam.org
Mon Nov 28 15:50:25 IST 2005

A report in The Hindu says "open source tools developed by Panacea
Dreamweavers". See
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/thscrip/print.pl?file=2005111005320600.htm&date=2005/11/10/&prd=th&

V. Sasi Kumar

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 04:24 +0530, Nagarjuna wrote:
> Frederick Noronha (FN) wrote:
>
> >Karat Releases Tamil Free Software
> >People's Democracy
> >(Weekly Organ of the Communist Party of India (Marxist)
> >
> >Vol. XXIX
> >No. 47
> >November 20, 2005
> >
> >Karat Releases Tamil Free Software
> >
> >PRAKASH Karat, general secretary of the CPI(M), formally released Tamil free
> >software and open source tools developed by Panacea  Dreamweavers Software
> >Private Limited, a Chennai-based company. The packages were received by Dr M
> >Anandakrishnan, former vice-chancellor of Anna University at a function in
> >Chennai on November 9.
> >

> pdsoftware.in page asks for a propreitary plugin to view the page.  It
> is ironic that the company releases free software.  Now I doubt, whether
> the software released is free in what sense.  Can our friends in Chennai
> find out who they are, what is the software released etc.
>
> Nagarjuna

V. Sasi Kumar <sasi.fsf at gmail.com>
Free Software Foundation of India