[Fsf-friends] NRCFOSS needs suggestions to design electives for CS in F[L]OSS

Frederick Noronha (FN) fred@bytesforall.org
Fri May 6 21:22:50 IST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: Sreekanth S Rameshaiah <sree@mahiti.org>
Date: Fri May 6, 2005 3:45pm
Subject: [Fwd: [blug-non-tech] NRCFOSS need your suggestion to design Electives
for CS in FOSS] mukruthi4u
Offline Offline
Send Message Send Message
Edit Membership Edit Membership
Apologies for cross posting...
Thought this was useful to the list
- sree

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Saravanan M K <mksarav@...>
To: linux-bangalore-non-tech@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [blug-non-tech] NRCFOSS need your suggestion to design
Electives for CS in FOSS
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 17:49:24 +0800

Dear All,

The National Resource Centre for Free/Open Source Software (NRC-FOSS)
which has been established at MIT campus of Anna University, is going
to conduct training for 100 teachers, from 50 different engineering
colleges in Tamilnadu (2 per college) to provide two elective courses
for Computer Science students in the area of FOSS. The training will
help the teachers to handle the elective courses in their respective
colleges. The first batch of 100 teachers, training is planned some
time in June 2005.

I would like to hear from the FOSS community members what are the
things that you want to include in the elective courses (to CS
students in the 3rd
year). Remember we have only 45 hours per elective. Thus we can't
include each and every possible topics in FOSS.

I will collect all your suggestions and pass it to the respective
authorities at NRCFOSS. It is time for us to react and provide
constructive feedback to design a proper elective course for CS/IT
students to spread FOSS in India.

Let us brain storm the topics first and then come up with a time slot
for each topic to fit in 45 hours for each elective.

Note: I am not an employee of NRCFOSS and simply doing it voluntarily
inorder to provide them the feedback as a member of FOSS community to
device some good syllabus for the FOSS electives.

-- mks --

--
M K Saravanan

--
Sreekanth S Rameshaiah
Executive Director

then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi

www.mahiti.org/Team/Sreekanth

    _____
  _/ ____\____    Frederick Noronha (FN) * Freelance Journalist
  \   __\/    \   Goa India T +91.832.2409490 M +919822 122436
   |  | |   |  \  http://fn.swiki.net http://goabooks.swiki.net
   |__| |___|  /  http://www.bytesforall.net http://www.goanet.org
             \/