[Fsf-friends] Yet another shameless day in India

Richard Stallman rms@gnu.org
Wed Mar 23 01:22:12 IST 2005

These reports are good news, but they don't mean we have won.  If the
old patent law is allowing software patents in, keeping it unchanged
won't keep them out.

We have to do something more.  But we have lost the chance to try to
use this patent bill to do it.  Ramanraj thinks these patents are
invalid and that the law is being misapplied.  Is there a way to
convince the patent office of that?  Should we go to court and see?
Or should we hope that doubts about validity restrain the patent holders
from using their patents against Indian software developers and users?