[Fsf-friends] MS' influence in academia

Venkat Kumaraswamy ellakannada@yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 06:48:55 IST 2005

Hello All ,

Good thing this thread started about MS.

All of you might know allready about program called PROJECT SHIKSHA which is being promoted by MS. Even MS is writing curriuculum for PRIMARY, SECONDARY and HIGH SCHOOL.

GoI has sold the Education System to MNC called MS. We need to stop this also.

Even some STATE Govts. in INDIA have signed MOU with MS for this PROJECT SHIKSHA.

MS in the name of PHILONTHRAPHY is buying their way into EDUCAION SYSTEMS in INDIA.

Even some Govt. colleges and Some Universities are offering courses only in MS products.

I will post some articles related to this in my next posting.

We all need to think how we can stop this MS mania !!!

Thanks

Kumaraswamy

Sameer N I <strike@proscrutiny.com> wrote:
Hi,

[snip]

>Assuming that there are resources, I want to ask the community: how
>many of you are willing to work for FSF as full timers if proper
>compensation is given, at various parts of the counry? And howmany of
>your are willing to work with full timers during your spare time?

[/snip]

I don't know about if I will be able to work as a full timer. As far as
efforts are concerned as a part timer,
I am already preparing for a 3 day Seminar on Free Software to be
conducted at a college in Wardha, Maharashtra.

More on this in a separate thread... as it would be inappropriate to
discuss about seminar in this tread.

Regards,
Sameer.