[Fsf-friends] Fwd: [mramadoss@techserve.co.in: Can u guide to a GNU laptop]

Raj Mathur raju@linux-delhi.org
Sat Feb 12 10:11:02 IST 2005

    Joe> "Nagarjuna G." <nagarjun@gnowledge.org> writes:
    >> yes, he uses a t20.  but he told me that he doesnt use the
    >> internal modem, because he doesn't know if a driver exists.  If
    >> you can send him the details that will be useful.  He doesnt
    >> have to use an external modem, which he does now.

    Joe> Just curious.., why does he need the modem anywayz? He is
    Joe> always roaming around. So, having one Internet account is
    Joe> kinda useless. If he has a network card, he can simply hook
    Joe> to the Internet from the network in the place he is visiting
    Joe> (or in the worst case a internet cafe)., download his mails/*
    Joe> and go on.. I thought thats what he does.

...or he can pop into the house of a free software supporter (though
not an FSF Friend :) and get NAT'ed and 'Net'ed before getting the
roof of his mouth blown off by fiery kebabs and biriyani.

...and I didn't even get the GNU and Linux stickers to distribute at
our stall, man!

<g,d&r>

Regards,

-- Raju