[Fsf-friends] 13 year-old gets presenters' slot at linux.conf.au

Arjun Asthana arjunasthana@gmx.net
Fri Feb 4 20:59:14 IST 2005

Hi,

On Thursday 03 February 2005 18:35, Praveen A wrote:
> Thirteen-year-old Elizabeth Garbee may not know as much about Linux as
> her father Bdale Garbee, Linux CTO for Hewlett Packard and former
> Debian Project Leader, but that won't stop her from presenting at
> linux.conf.au 2005.
> Read the full story
> http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/0,2000061733,39179560,00.htm

I dont understand why only Europeans and Americans make news. Is the India
media not good enough? For example, take Sarath Laxman (the boy who created
his own distro.). He was not able to make it to any of the popular newspaper
(atleast in Delhi) even after having done such a wonderful job. Then, I (and
most probably he too) knew more than that girl when I (we) was (were) 13 yrs
old. At that age (last June), I wrote a script to create boot floppy using
busybox. I also had a demoers slot at GNU/Linux Demo Day 2k4. Where the hell
is the Indian media? It didn't even publish anything about the GNU/Linux
events.

 Arjun Asthana
 Registered Linux User #293731       / /\
 May the Source be with you      \_________\/