[Fsf-friends] Abatement of Vendor Nuisance

Ramanraj K ramanraj.k@gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 09:28:12 IST 2005

The poor school teachers and students in TN are scheduled to get
"help" from Microsoft:
http://newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IE320050822083241&Page=3&Title=Features+-+Health+%26+Science&Topic=166

Education ought to be vendor neutral, focused on general principles
and in any event, it should never become a marketing program for
private entities.  Governments and school authorities should avoid the
traps and offers laid by private vendors whose main aim is merely to
earn profits.

Similar exercises are afoot at other places too:

http://www.expresscomputeronline.com/20050815/market04.shtml
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/casestudies/casestudy.asp?CaseStudyID=17106

We need to send in our concerns to the authorities involved here, and
so please post any useful information/opinions connected with these
issues. The vendor nuisance should abate for good.

-Ramanraj