[Fsf-friends] Re: DotNet

Joe Steeve joe_steeve@gmx.net
Thu Oct 28 12:14:38 IST 2004

Praveen A <pravi.a@gmail.com> writes:
> I also think that they be allowed to talk about .Net, but on the
> basis of mono .Net which is a completely free (GPLed) .Net
> platform originally developed by Ximian (now owned by Novell).

Thought mono is a GPLed software, the motivations of that project
are not very supportive. DotNET is a dirty commercial
venture. Mono's intention is not to defeat the dirty plan., but
rather to enhance it on a different platform. If any GLUG/LUG
decide to let a session on DotNET, it should be purely on
DotGNU.

The difference in the motivation can be seen from this page.,

http://www.dotgnu.org/danger.html

Cheers,
Joe

--