[Fsf-friends] Institutional Model vs. Bazaar Model

Sandip Bhattacharya sandip@lug-delhi.org
Tue Oct 5 10:22:15 IST 2004

Nagarjuna G. wrote:

> List of board members is there on the fsf india page.  None of the
> directors/board members get any salary. (the memorandm clearly says so
> by constitution).  List of activities: too many to be listed.  FSF
> India doesn't have money to print brochures to be sent to all the
> units in the country, send letters by post to a list of people
> whenever we want, no capital to print books, etc. (We already have a
> book to print urgently, a book in bangla written by DipankarDa) this
> book needs a budget of 100K we have only about 40k in the
> treasury). Most of the activities like meetings, workshops etc that a

FSF USA has some tax exemption status from the government. What is the
process for a non-profit organization to get a similar status in India?

Maybe having such a status will encourage more people to contribute.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya    *    Puroga Technologies   *     sandip@puroga.com
Work: http://www.puroga.com        *         Home: http://www.sandipb.net

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3