[Fsf-friends] Help On Dot Matrix Printing

Senthil_OR@Dell.com Senthil_OR@Dell.com
Thu Jul 15 21:48:43 IST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: swathantra software
Could anyone please help us in getting dot matrix printer working in
Openoffice?. Kannur district administration is getting migrated to
GNU/Linux and as part of it few section has got GNU/Linux Redhat 9
installed. All sections has got dot matrix printer Model WIPRO HQ 1040+(
24 pin). Using printtool in RH9,  local printer is configured using
driver epson LQ1050 ( "omni" driver)( we do not know what is the
compatible driver in Linux for this Model, so tried epson LQ1050). A
test print from printool worked just fine. But in OpenOffice we can not
get any printout. When we tried the driver epson "dot matrix" ( driver
"epsonc") OpenOffice did print, but the quality was very poor and print
is not clear. The printer works just fine in Windows.
Could anyone please  help us to fix the problem.?.

Not a direct help, but I have heard this kind of a situation before,
wherein One guy was having similar troubles with printing documents with
Openoffice on a dot matrix printer.
He said that when tried with AbiWord, the printout was proper. Did you
try with Abiword or any other word processing software? Or if it is just
a text document,directly to the printer?

Lets also check with bugs open with the Oo.org

Cheers!
Senthil