[Fsf-friends] CSIR uses only Microsoft

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@vsnl.net
Tue Jan 6 20:05:05 IST 2004

Annamalai Gurusami said on Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 07:01:50PM +0530,:

 > send them  a note stating that  I don't have MS  Word software, but
 > that I  am sending in RTF format,  which can be viewed  in MS Word.
 > To my surprise, most of them reject such resumes.

I once received a spam resume in  .doc format. I opened it in OO.o and
antiword. Wonder  of wonders -  antiword showed much more  info, which
was   obvously   embarassing   to    the   sender   duly   marked   as
deleted. Probably,  recruiters know  that, and want  to find  out what
you deleted from your resume.

But then, you  could simply have renamed the file  to .doc. Think this
trick  will work.  A  better alternative  is  not to  respond to  such
postings. Especially if the call is for a free software related job!!!

--

  Mahesh T. Pai, LL.M.,
  'NANDINI', S. R. M. Road,
  Ernakulam, Cochin-682018,