[Fsf-friends] CSIR uses only Microsoft

Joe Steeve joe_steeve@gmx.net
Tue Jan 6 20:06:08 IST 2004

From: Annamalai Gurusami <annamalai.gurusami@email.masconit.com>
Date: 06 Jan 2004 19:01:50 +0530

> Likewise, I always find that employment agencies (or job consultants,
> if you prefer that), often ask CV (or resume) in MS Word format.  I

I've been a victim of that too. I used a PDF and a `plain text' and
was never called even for the screening test. eh., but i just thought
to myself., ah.. they lost me.. heh.

> Thats a sad reality.  I don't know why such a restriction is being
> imposed.  I cannot seem to figure it out.

I guess they never bothered to think about it before advertising in
the papers. I guess they dont care either. They just assume., that
anyone and everyone should have a M$Office accessible.

Cheers,
Joe

--
"Software is like sex; Its better when it is free"
                                 -- Linus Torvalds