[Fsf-friends] Tamil translation for "free software"

Sajith VK sajithvk@hotpop.com
Tue Jan 6 11:33:06 IST 2004

Hi,

>  That is the strength of
> other world languages like English too. So we need not feel ashamed to
> borrow words from other languages. People have already started using the
> word 'software' and it has got into many documents and books including
> textbooks. In the situation, my opinion is that we can stick with the
> word.
	A good malayalam translation for "software", if it can
convey the exact meaning, should always be welcomed. But IMHO
"Ganana Soothram" and "Mruthu saamagri"(soft-ware!) fails to convey
the exact meaning. If we couldn't find any suitable translation,
we can adopt the word "software" itself, which will make our
language "richer"

--
Sajith VK <sajithvk@hotpop.com>