[Fsf-friends] Tamil translation for "free software"

Sugathan sugathan@nsc.res.in
Tue Jan 6 13:49:30 IST 2004

> 	A good malayalam translation for "software", if it can
> convey the exact meaning, should always be welcomed. But IMHO
> "Ganana Soothram" and "Mruthu saamagri"(soft-ware!) fails to convey
> the exact meaning. If we couldn't find any suitable translation,
> we can adopt the word "software" itself, which will make our
> language "richer"

	 Software is a product of science. Like "radio","phone",
"homoeopathy"...., "software" will also become part of life to all. It
is universal and people will call it by that name only. It is difficult
to find translation that conveys exact meaning.Even if you find one,
people may not use it in their life!.

Sugathan