[Fsf-friends] Universal Distributed Naming !!

Tarun Gaur gaur_tarun@hotmail.com
Wed Apr 21 09:49:46 IST 2004

Hi Gurusami,

Thanx once again. If you check RFC 2138 of RADIUS you will find again that
it is a bit specific like LDAP.

I will try and explain what i am looking for. I am developing a Distributed
Naming Architecture as part of my reasearch work. The Beauty of this Naming
architecture is that it will be able to hold information on any kind of
entity, still be able to uniquely identify it in the Global Namespace. Now
the catch is that this entity need not be related to any specific domain or
stream !! I am a bit abstract but i believe it should make some sense.

The implications of such a Naming structure is not difficult to understand
!! Naming is the key to Discovery and Discovering is the key to Usage ...
Usage is based on Trust .... its all woven toagather.

Regards,
tarun