[Fsf-friends] Universal Distributed Naming !!

Ramanraj K ramanraj@md4.vsnl.net.in
Wed Apr 21 20:41:43 IST 2004

Tarun Gaur wrote:

> I will try and explain what i am looking for. I am developing a
> Distributed Naming Architecture as part of my reasearch work. The
> Beauty of this Naming architecture is that it will be able to hold
> information on any kind of entity, still be able to uniquely identify
> it in the Global Namespace. Now the catch is that this entity need not
> be related to any specific domain or stream !! I am a bit abstract but
> i believe it should make some sense.
>
> The implications of such a Naming structure is not difficult to
> understand !! Naming is the key to Discovery and Discovering is the
> key to Usage ... Usage is based on Trust .... its all woven toagather.

To quote from the Tarka Samgraha, that classifies categories as
[1]substance, [2]quality, [3]action, [4]generality, [5]particularity,
[6]inherence, and [7]negation:

[4]Classification of Genarality:
Generality is of two kinds: the more comprehensive and the less
comprehensive

[5]Particularities:
But, particularities abiding in eternal substances are innumerable indeed.

Our ancient epistemology is partly based on `atomistic pluralism' - the
core behind [4] and [5] quoted above.  Have you ordered English names
and words this way - more comprehensive to the less comprehensive?
 Please do share your work if you have ordered names or words this way.

Regards,
Ramanraj.