[Fsf-friends] OSI Vs FSF

Rakesh Ambati rakesh_ambati@yahoo.com
Sun Apr 4 22:14:23 IST 2004

Dear Friends,

 Peace reign at last on our list, I don't wish to
alter that.But sometimes I wonder whether this the
calm before the storm.

  We are had our arguments over this issue and we
shall many more.I wrote this story to show my view on
this matter.Hope you'll enjoy it.

--arky

Of All Money's Worth
=====================
Copyright (c) 2004 Rakesh "arky" Ambati.See end for
copying conditions.

Preface
=======
This story was written to portray what I feel
separates OSI from FSF philosophy.It trys not to
support either of schools, but I leaves it you as the
reader to decide.

Am a wanderer. I have no home and nothing to call my
own, I wonder what's the use for such things for the
one who's seeks the essence.

My early years were spent in the land of my teachers,
studying the mystical world of magic, now I wander
where the essence leads me.

Through the golden sands of the desert I pass, to the
the city of kaliya.

It is written by the wise of the old ages, that those
who seek with find it here in this noble land. Through
the ages men came here,in search of fortune and fame.

Upon this blessed soil I walk, mingling in the crowd
of this thriving city. Walking through the street I
savored upon the sights.

'Make way for the royal magician'.The palanquin bearer
called.

Lost in thoughts,I found myself standing before a
majestic palanquin.

'Has the royal magician's forgotten to walk or ' I
asked 'they can't bear his weight any more'.

The palanquin bears stood silently, Wondering whether
my time on this earth has come to end,thus I dare to
speak so.

'No my brother' I magician said getting out of the
palanquin.'the magician walks with his equal'

'Bless this day, we meet again' he said.

He dismissed the palanquin bearers who rushed to the
magician house to make arrangements for guest.

'Walk with me, my brother for we have lot to talk'.The
magician said

Leaving the bustling streets we came upon a path that
took us to pond filled with lotus flowers.

'The royal magical has a great heart' I said.

'A great heart and wealth to match' he said.

'The patrons of this land are benevolent, my magic
brings me fame and wealth' he said.

'Your wanderings has brought you to this great
city.Your magic is great,here it will be measured in
silver and gold'.

'The essence is for all who seek, its not for the
pleasure of few' I said.

'Does the great essence diminish if you seek its worth
in gold'.The magician asked.

'The essence can not be measured,none but the one who
seek it know its worth' I said.

The magician was silent,I looked over the pond filled
with lotus flowers.Few children came running down the
path carrying small water pitchers,gleefully laughing.
A little girl chased a boy who snatched her flower.

She came running and brushed against the royal
magician. The pitcher slipped as the girl stumbled and
broke into pieces.Seeing the royal magician and a
stranger the children ran.

The royal magician raised the crying girl and said
'Cry not for what's broken.Here, take this silver and
buy yourself a new one.'

The little girl threw the coins and broke into renewed
sobs.

With the ends of my flowing rob I wiped the tears of
the girl and said 'No Cry,My Princess.Tell me what you
wish.'

The little girl turned her gaze to the shards of her
lovely pitcher.

Smiling, I moved my palms over her eyes and said.

'My Princess, take your lovely pitcher and go home
happy'.

The girl's face glowed with pleasure looking at her
pitcher. She cradled the pitcher in her arms and went
home smiling.

I looked at the silver lying in dust and thought

'Of all the money's worth, couldn't bring the smile on
a child's face'.

Copying
=======
Copyright (c) 2004 Rakesh "arky" Ambati.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or
modify this document
under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License,
Version 1.2
or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.