[Fsf-friends] OSI Vs FSF

Rakesh Ambati rakesh_ambati@yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 02:21:19 IST 2004

Dear Friends,

Few day ago, I had posted a story "Of All Money's
Worth"(see
http://gnu.org.in/pipermail/fsf-friends/2004-April/001871.html
).Some of you have read and mailed me,I thank you for
it.

Like most of the stories,a idea is shrouded in it.
A good friend pointed out that it was rather difficult
to grasp the relevance of the story to OSI and FSF
tousle.

I believe that people in OSI and FSF movements are not
different there are members of the same creed. Just as
the wanderer and the royal magician in the story are,
they do belong to the same fraternity.They are bond by
the same essence.

 What really makes them apart is the way they choose
to live,the royal magician is wise in his own way.He
will be certainly more than happy to share his magic
with all,but he doesn't even hesitate to ask for some
offering in value for his magic.

  The wanderer is an acetic, he believes the magic is
as free as the air we breath.It can not be contained.

Both are right in their way,you may choose to differ
from view,but that's what the you should be doing,coz
the same essence flow through you as it does in me.

And this the essence of the story.

Please let me know what you feel !

TIA

-arky

PS:This is very simplistic approach to very complex
issue,it can not be explained or summarized in so few
words.All errors here are mine, all interpretations
are yours.