[Fsf-friends] Re: GNU Freedom

Richard Stallman rms@gnu.org
Wed Sep 3 22:56:08 IST 2003

    RMS is a Mahatma for the  world.  GNU Freedom may become the mother of
    all freedoms.

Please don't give me personally more admiration than I have earned.
I can hardly compare with Gandhi, neither in courage nor (as yet)
in results.

The freedom to share and change software, in and of itself, is less
directly important to society than other freedoms that we are all
aware of.  At the same time, as society becomes increasingly dependent
on computer use, it may be that we need freedom in using software if
we are to preserve our other freedoms.