[Fsf-friends] Re: {Arun M] Another world is possible]

Suraj Kumar suraj@symonds.net
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:16:38 +0530

Ajith Kumar wrote on Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 12:34:54PM +0530:
,----
| > You  are  wrong  Mr.  Sasi  Kumar.  Even  RMS  wont  agree  to  your
| > argument.  It may be  true for  a general  purpose software  like an
| > editor.  But  programs for specific  industry need not be  or rather
| > should not be freely (as in free beer) available on net.
|
| This is a wrong argument. Why it should not be available on the net.
`----

both  of  you have  your  points.   only that  this  needs  to be  put
together. :) To quote RMS (his visit to chennai, MIT):

<quote>
I should explain that the issue of free vs proprietary software arises
for published software. it doesn't arise for typically custom software
there you know  if you write the program for one  company and they use
it  in-house.  well, they  do  have,  presumably,  they do  have  full
freedom. They are not obligated to  ever release it. but they have the
freedom to  do so. so  its fine. The  ethical issue I've  been talking
about arises when  software is published. when its  avlbl for users to
get copy.
</quote>

   -Suraj
--
| Wealth thrives their home in happiness, who                      |