[Fsf-friends] Indian Express

eiidp eiidp@md3.vsnl.net.in
Wed Dec 24 20:36:05 IST 2003

> 	Yes, OS is redhat 9.0. And Redhats logo is printed
> on the CD.As far as I know, Redhat 9.0 License doesnot allow this,
> but fedora License do.

 I think you are confused with different versions of redhat. redhat 9.0 is not
redhat enterprise linux. fedora and redhat enterprise linux are distributed
after formulating two distribution policies by redhat.  Whatever license
applicable for redhat 8.0 is also applicable to redhat 9.0.

Here there is no case of trademark infringement. The CDs which are labelled
with redhat logo contains only redhat distributed packages. All the stuffs
developed by CDIT is distributed in a CD with Akshaya logo. It does not
contains any reference of redhat.

Whatever CDIT has attempted is legally justified.

We should join together to save current free software projects in the state
and initiate new ones. CDIT is one of the approachable institution for this
purpose.

Regards,

Anil