[Fsf-friends] Indian Express

Sajith VK sajithvk@hotpop.com
Wed Dec 24 13:53:16 IST 2003

On ബു, 2003-12-24 at 06:32, Manilal K M wrote:
> Arun had absolutely gone wrong. The OS used is RH Linux 9.
	Yes, OS is redhat 9.0. And Redhats logo is printed
on the CD.As far as I know, Redhat 9.0 License doesnot allow this,
but fedora License do.
	The real question is, is it a "COMMERCIAL REDISTRIBUTION" or
not. Let someone else answer it.

Kerala IT mission and CDIT(?) was clearly informed about the issue.
So it was up to them to take necessary steps.

But I do belive that there is "someone else" is playing behind the issue
whose actual aim is to block the use of Free softwares in
Akshaya project, and other IT related projects in kerala. They
are trying to say "Even free softwares are not free in all case".
This may result in unwanted confusion on common free software users.
Let's take necessary action to avoid this confussion.

--
Sajith VK <sajithvk@hotpop.com>