[Fsf-friends] Forming FSUGs in the country

Arko Provo Mukherjee arkoprovo@peacefulaction.org
12 Apr 2003 18:32:39 +0530

Dear Old RMS said:
> What we usually do is present people with the reasons and try to
> persuade them.  Any shouting is normally done by people on the other
> side.
>
> We don't need numbers to present the arguments any one person; one of
> us can do that.  We could use numbers for two things:
>
> * To use the term GNU/Linux publicly, so that people will get used to
>   it.
>
> * To be able to raise the issue easily to many people.

We need to strengthen FSF-INDIA more and that will need active and
official support of many people.
If we are against some Gov. policy, and if we approach the Gov. about
that, then the number of people in the group will matter a lot.
Very few people in India know about FSF.
They know about Linux but not about GNU/Linux or FSF.
So I think that numbers are important.
Hence have a chain of User Groups under FSF.

Regards
Arko