[Fsf-friends] Forming FSUGs in the country

Richard Stallman rms@gnu.org
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 04:51:29 -0400

    When we find the governments of different states and of India support prop.
    software, or find a magazine calling it Linux and not GNU/Linux, we can
    shout against it in this list, but can really do almost nothing.

What we usually do is present people with the reasons and try to
persuade them.  Any shouting is normally done by people on the other
side.

We don't need numbers to present the arguments any one person; one of
us can do that.  We could use numbers for two things:

* To use the term GNU/Linux publicly, so that people will get used to
  it.

* To be able to raise the issue easily to many people.

    So first FSF-INDIA need to establish roots all over the country and
    strengthen itself.
    Forming FSUG will do just that.

Local user groups and action groups are a very useful way to promote
the movement.