[Fsf-friends] And now the Kerala Electricity Board goes Microsoft

Suraj Kumar suraj@symonds.net
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:28:43 +0530

CK Raju writes:

 > This is  my fear, and I  suppose this is exactly  what is happening
 > behind the  scenes. Our  country is fast  losing true  politics and
 > politicians. And we have to deal now with the new generation spies,
 > who  work  for the  betterment  of  proprietary  corporates at  the
 > expense of our countrymen.

While I think  communism is partly a solution  to removing proprietary
software  companies and  make  it a  state-owned  affair, the  current
"trend" of these politicians will make it a worse environment for free
software to thrive. They will  all the more be interested in acquiring
software from foreign companies  and launder money. I'm sure communism
will not  happen in india,  given the amount  of damage US did  to the
face  of  communism  by  pointing  its fingers  at  badly  implemented
communism in countries such as the Soviet Union, thanks to Stalin.

   -Suraj
--
| The needy seek those who can afford, blame sticks                |