[Fsf-friends] Fwd: Govt Stand on Linux

pandarinathan raman raamanp@yahoo.co.in
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 14:07:49 +0100 (BST)

Well I am also Govt Employee and implementing Linux
in 500beded railway hospital. My point is, with
sketchy details
like given in the post let us not pass comments.

I think its time we teach software freedom than
preach.
Unless we make effort to show successful installations
we can never make inroads in any sector. I also faced
similar situations with few people in Railways. But
the attitude should be educating them than casting
aspirations. Well I too have very good bosses, who
have cut down proprietory softwares at my instance
without murmur. It is not the proposal or note that
matters in decision, but the people behind the
proposal.

 It is imperative on our part to create awarness,
specifically in the top level and this can be done
only by successful installtions in existing computer
centeres

 We can achieve anything by emotional outbursts

Raman