[Fsf-friends] Fwd: Govt Stand on Linux

Mahesh T Pai paivakil@vsnl.net
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 20:05:49 +0530

pandarinathan raman wrote:

> Unless we make effort to show successful installations
> we can never make inroads in any sector.

(snip)

>  It is imperative on our part to create awarness,
> specifically in the top level and this can be done
> only by successful installtions in existing computer
> centeres

Pandarinathan, how can you show a successful installation unless you
are permitted to make one?  Your argument will put us in proverbial
egg and hen situation.

Reg. statements about govt servants, I do agree with Sri Pandarinathan
to some extent.  But, it appears that in the case pointed out by Sri
Raju, the govt. is standing in way of adopting free-s/w.  Here, the
problem is slightly different.

Will somebody please send me a copy of the Secy's order?

Regards,
Mahesh T Pai.