[Fsf-friends] (no subject)

Tarun Gaur gaur_tarun@hotmail.com
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 16:02:01 +0000

Dear friend Suraj,

We live in a world that moves at a very fast pace. In today's world, people
value quality over price in most of the situations. And yes cost of
ownership does matter, but never at the price of quality.

Now, we are evangalists supporting the same movement. A movement that brings
people and ideas togather to create free software. It intends to
realize the vision of a genius called Richard Stallman.

but friend, I have some questions for you.

Do Richard Stallman and GNU ask us not to praise and be aware of what is
happening in the properietary world ?

Are we hampered by any force to write software as good as the properietary
world ?

when we can accompilsh extremely tech. stuff, does it take a herculian
effort to beautify it and simplify the names of the software?

Should we ignore the fact that the world leaders should be keenly observed
and there success researched to pick up some good things that might help us
create FSF into a more formidable force ?

My previous posting was to help all our friends realize that we can improve.
We can innovate. We can be the best and WE CAN be FREE. We can be technical
yet touch the masses.

------------------- by Mr. Suraj --------------------------------------
your question is like, "Do the masses need a hut where they live happily or
do they need the latest technology laser enabled cage where they get
electrocuted?"
We in the Free Software world donot care if our existing software cannot
do everything that proprietary guys do.
REPLY: Friend we have to care and improve. Thats how future is driven. We
dont want to be philosophers in minority. Awareness of competetion is the
key to "NOT REINVENTING THE WHEEL" and "CREATING BETTER SOFTWARE"

WE NEED TO OBSERVE,ACT AND IMPROVE.

Now, friend suraj, you are very right when you say praising wont help.
So, friends, i give you a head start.

We are already working on a project that integrates the "servers" that run
on Linux, into services that can be controlled from one point and that
minimises the administration. I invite all my friends to come and join me in
the endeavor.

This is a small step towards "Scalable, Distributed Zero Administration
Servers" ... We call the project as ZServers.

Friends, this project is the first in line ... We in pune are working in
three different teams of 10 people each on some amazing software for linux.
We indend to throw all the software to FSF one by one.

If any of my friends are interested to join hands ...
Please mail me at: tarun.gaur@i3genesys.com
Once Aki morito (Sony) was having a different opinion than his collegue.
They had a heated disscussion. When Aki was asked about his reaction by
another friend ... he said : If we agree to the same things, then  one of us
is redundant. We respect difference of opinion.
leave you with this thought,

Tarun Gaur