[Fsf-friends] IT Expo in Trivandrum

CK Raju ckraju@zyberway.com
29 Jul 2002 07:03:20 +0530

> > Hope you would also put up for display some thin client applications,
> > and demonstrate interoperability factor.
>
> Can you please explain this in a bit more details.

That was in larger (selfish) interest to help promote the theme within
the Government circles. I recall how Free Software was countered by a
gentleman (son of IT Minister), in a personal chat, citing
'user-friendliness' as a stumbling block. I had tried to put across that
with interoperability, mentioning that one could still be in front of a
MS box with Linux app at the back-end, and quoted examples at various
ISPs. Somehow over the tele, he couldn't be convinced.

CK Raju,
KILA, Thrissur