[Fsf-friends] Re: [LIG]Indianisation of GNU/Linux

Rajkumar S raj@linuxense.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:30:50 +0530 (IST)

Baiju M said:

> I hope it will be releasing under GPL, is it?

yes. I will also be providing the VOLT sources of the opentype font so
that the community will be able to hack and improve it.
But since the glyph shapes are a work of art, the designer requires that
if you alter the shapes you have to change the name of the font before
distribution.

> created by using GPLed Malayalam TeX Package by Jeroen Hellingman

We have considered the hellingman fonts before but they are of poor
quality, unsuitable for any thing but experimentation.
> http://gnu.org.in/pipermail/fsf-locale/2002-March/000006.html

Thanks for the info.

raj