[Fsf-friends] Re: [LIG]Indianisation of GNU/Linux

Baiju M baiju@freeshell.org
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:33:53 -0700 (PDT)

--- Rajkumar S <raj2569@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I remember, sometime back Arun sent some info to the list
> regarding
> > Malayalam fonts being bought from someone and released
> subsequently
> > as
> > GNU GPL. What happened to that effort? Are the fonts
> downloadable
> > now?
>

> It was Indian TeX users group that bought the font. I have it
> with me
> and i am converting it to Opentype and to make it work under
> yudit.
> Right now that part of work is going it in a snail's pace as
> all of us
> are busy with   TUG2002 to be held in Trivandrum.
>
> If any one wants a copy of the font i will be happy to send it
> to you,
> both the truetype as well as the opentype part, but  the font
> will be
> released publicly later after we make a good web page with
> proper
> credits to the designer etc...

I hope it will be releasing under GPL, is it?
or any other special license?
Can you make sure this will be under GPL so that
we can avoid a duplication work.
Because we are planning to make an OTF font by using GPLed
TTF font by N.V.Shaji (created by using GPLed Malayalam TeX
Package by Jeroen Hellingman)

You can see RMS's mail here says GPL works fine for fonts.
http://gnu.org.in/pipermail/fsf-locale/2002-March/000006.html

If you are not going to use GPL, please inform me.

Regards,
Baiju M