[Fsf Education] Re: [Fsf-friends] [IMPORTANT] Volunteers required for textbook preperation

Vimal Joseph vimalekm@vsnl.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 08:28:30 +0530

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 12:20:20AM +0530, Frederick Noronha wrote:
>>PS: Have you seen j'compris (I think that's the spelling) from Debian,
>>Debian Junior... and apparently KDE has come out with some educational
>>tools.

The tool is gcompris.  It is a very good tool for  a student who start
using the  computer. It  has modules  like how to  move mouse,  how to
click, how  to drag and  how to use  keyboard.  Students can  learn by
playing  these small  games.  It  is best  for a  beginner ie  8th std
student.

Most students  of govt  schools comes from  a poor background  with no
knowledge and skils on computers.  We have to first make them familiar
with this new technology. Then only feed more and more things to them.

The  important  thing  is  to   make  the  student  able  to  use  the
computer. not  to teach  them more and  more advanced things  from the
begining.

--
Vimal