[Fsf-delhi] FSF-India in LinuxAsia 2006

Sameer N Ingole strike@antispam.org
Fri Jan 13 01:19:12 IST 2006

Baishampayan Ghose wrote:

>Sameer,
>
>>Do you know anyone from organizing body of LinuxAsia? I want to get the
>>firm answer from them about the stall space for FSF India. Tomorrow I am
>>going to talk to them on phone and if I don't get anything firm, on
>>Saturday I will go to their office in Noida. Printing posters have to be
>>postponed till we get assurance for stall space.
>>
>Somebody get in touch with them and get thigs confirmed so that we can
>work out a plan.

Yes I will talk to them today (its already 0105 Hrs of 13th Jan :).

>>We are planning to do round robin and attend talks in the process. At
>>any given time there should be at least one person at stall to attend
>>the visitors. Also if we get a PC we will be installing GNU software on
>>GNU/HURD and keeping it on display.
>>
>GNU/Hurd is good. What about GNU/Linux ;) I guess we can keep a Debian
>box and show off some of the awesome  free software that we have
>[blender, GNU classpath,  gnash, etc. for example].

Even better.

>>For this installation we will need CDs and DVDs of GNU/HURD and other
>>GNU software that I don't have at the moment. GCC certainly will be one
>>and if possible working GCJ. Of course all these things depend on we
>>getting a PC there like we got one in FOSS.IN.
>>
>I guess the LA guys will provide a PC for sure. Better ask them about that too.

Sure, I will.

>>To attract people I am also
>>planning to get a banner printed on flex (somebody please step in for
>>the design please) and ask people to sign on it to mark the presence.
>>
>I volunteer to do the Flex banner design. Let's see if I get some time
>in the next couple of days, I might come up with some Inkscape foo.

 Best luck.

>>I will be paying for poster printing. Anyone for banner on flex, CDs
>>DVDs of GNU HURD and other GNU software?
>>
>How much does that cost? May be FSF-I itself can pay?

Posters 60-100Rs each. Flex 500Rs  (not sure about flex). I checked CDs
and DVDs on linux bazar dot com the prices are like this:

Debian 3.0r5 DVD x86 binary only (300 Rs) 1 disk
Debian 3.0r5 CD x86 binary only (450 Rs) 9 disks
Debian 3.1r0a Cd x86 binary only (800 Rs) 14 disk

for more check out the site.

Sameer N. Ingole
Better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.