[ILUG-BOM] Software Patents in India

jtd jtd at mtnl.net.in
Thu Aug 7 18:49:59 IST 2008

On Thursday 07 Aug 2008 18:29, jtd wrote:

> I thought that the  Chairperson at today's meet was defensive,
> perhaps even a bit derisive initially, but saw the opposition was
> stringent and cooled down. One can see why from the above. 991
> patents applied for by M$. Three granted this year. And god only
> knows how many more submarine nukes waiting.

At least two pure software ones for HP.  They have many for other
printer related stuff so did not check all.
60 for IBM several of which seem to be pure software, including one
for package management and one for compression using a dynamic
lookuptable created on the fly. Bz2 anyone?

GOD. You could be sued simply for having a repo and some shitty
scripts for updating packages.

I cant believe what i am seeing.

--
Rgds