[ILUG-BOM] tataindicom and firefox

Rajeev R. K. rajeevrk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 13:52:43 IST 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 1:23 PM, G Karunakar <indlinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 1:21 PM, G Karunakar <indlinux at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> has anyone succeeded in paying tatindicom bills through firefox? I
>>> click on 'pay' and nothing happens.

I've paid a number of times online even, but there is a specific trick
i use. The client-side JS is IE Specific, and so the pay button does
not update a field, and each time you click on it, it basically posts
the form without telling it to go to the next step. so you land up
seeing the same page. I use a FF extenstion like Tamper Data, and just
manually do what the JS is supposed to do(which i figured out reading
the code, basically change paymode or paystep to "ONLNE"), and let the
form post. after that, it works like a charm, and oddly enough, the
subsequent pages have the correct javascript, and i dont need to do it
again for the rest of the payment process. i've paid my last 6-7
months bills this way. BTW, mails to them about the same seem to be
going into the Customer Service(TM) Black Hole...

Regards
R. K. Rajeev