[ILUG-BOM] A Full Aubuntu.

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jun 6 06:51:47 IST 2007

On 05-Jun-07, at 6:58 PM, Philip Tellis wrote:

>> On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 16:53 +0530, Vihan Pandey wrote:
>>> to put it in one line - would you rather start teaching computer
>>> programming with BASIC or PL/1 ?
>>
>> I would rather learn with C than BASIC or PL/1
>
> I don't know.  I learnt programming with BASIC, and I turned out ok.

werent you the guy once flamed on this list for quoting something
like 'it is practically impossible to teach programming to someone
who started on basic'? Incidently there is a huge difference between
being able to write working code in a language and programming. In
languages like perl, python or php you can write working code within
a few minutes of starting to learn the language - but it takes many
years to learn programming. Most people never reach that stage, or
even need to.

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves