[ILUG-BOM] How to port WSAEVENT and WSANETWORKEVENT to linux

Anant Narayanan anant@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Feb 4 00:07:45 IST 2007

> Would this mean that I am not allowed to write a library that emulates the
> winsock api?
> My question is this: Certainly I am not allowed to reverse-engineer the M$
> networking stack, but am I also not allowed to replicate the interface?

You certainly can; and closed-box reverse-engineering can hold in a
court of law too. The ReactOS and Wine projects are already doing it.

And, the part of .NET that Mono implements is a published _open_
standard. Nobody's going to sue anybody.

--
Anant