[ILUG-BOM] Feb Meet and SELF Conference

Vihan Pandey vihanpandey@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Feb 3 13:26:54 IST 2007

> how much they cost at this point of time is irrelevant. And no point
> asking how much will they cost when they come up for renewal as no
> one knows.

Interesting.

There seems to be a potential for the agency hiring out domains to be
effectively monopolise a given successful domain. i hire out a domain
foo.bar(and pay say 10$ U.S per year for it) it is an instant hit and i make
a decent pile of cash from it it every year. My agreement/plan says
foo.baris mine for say 2 years, after two years it is well known
foo.bar is a cash cow. Therefore what stops agency hiring out domains to say
``O.K, this year it will cost you 10,000$ U.S, if you no pay, we give
someone else - comprende".

Dangerous. Its as if the the guys controlling the domain can effectively
cyber squat his own customer. Has anyone faced such a situaltion?

Regards,

- vihan