[ILUG-BOM] Computer le lo aur Linux training PHREE!!

Dhawal Doshy dhawal@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Feb 2 18:45:02 IST 2007

Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

> On 02-Feb-07, at 5:39 PM, Dhawal Doshy wrote:
>
>>> whether there is civilisation *inside* the metros
>>
>> He simply mentioned 'remote part of India' NOT 'a part of India that
>> yet lacks civilization'.
>>
>> I recently went to a remote part of India (Uttar Pradesh someplace)
>> that has only one school and 3 computers (with pirated XP not linux)..
>> and was quite a civilized place and guess what they don't know linux
>> and are not even aware of a concept called 'Unix/Linux'.
>
> the 3 computers are in the school? i bet there is some guy somewhere
> there, possibly in a browsing centre who knows about linux

Kids are simply thankful that they have a school around.. the grown-ups
envy as they had to go out of the town for higher (secondary) education.

The town (Gokul near Mathura) is a religious place and has only one
trainer (in the school), who is not aware of Linux. The town has no
browsing center though I could be wrong..

- dhawal