[ILUG-BOM] Need help/advice for GNU/Linux supported Mother Boards/Chipsets

Mrugesh Karnik mrugeshkarnik@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Jan 30 23:13:55 IST 2007

On Tuesday 30 Jan 2007 21:33:51 jtd wrote:
> > 2. Mercury - KVM800M
> > (http://www.mercury-pc.com/product-detail.php?link=p-mainboards&sub
> >title=Mainboard&productid=515#)
> >
> > Chipset: VIA K8M800/8237
> > VGA: Embedded UniChrome II 3D Graphics with 64M share memory
> > LAN: VIA VT6103 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet PHY
> > Audio: Realtek ALC655 6-channel audio Codec (Compliant with AC 97
> > 2.3 specification)
>
> Not sure about audio. But everything else should work.

Audio works properly with the via82xx ALSA drivers. I'm using the alsa-drivers
package instead of the in-kernel drivers.

Mrugesh Karnik
GPG Key 0xBA6F1DA8
Public key on http://wwwkeys.pgp.net