[ILUG-BOM] Fedora Core 6, Core 2 Duo with DG965RYCK motherboard

Rony ronbillypop@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jan 21 20:46:03 IST 2007

Dinesh Joshi wrote:

> Some stats:
> - GNOME with Beryl enabled with the system working as a http, ftp,
> mysql, etc.. etc.. server it consumed about 250MBs of RAM.
>
> - Install takes around 15 minutes to complete ( All 5 CDs required )
>
> - Boot up hardly takes 15 seconds
>
> - System shows a bogomips of approximately 8400 ( both processors
> combined )
>
> Hope this helps someone out there who is struggling to get Fedora Core
> installed on his/her Core 2 Duo system :P

Thats usefull information. Last week I installed a Core2 2.13 GHz. + 965
RYCK with 160 GB Hitachi SATA and 1 GB TwinMos RAM. The system uses
original XP Pro but just for a demo, I tried to run the Ubuntu 6.10 and
it would not even boot up. It may take some time till new distros that
auto install, will be available.

Regards,

Rony.