[ILUG-BOM]Seek advice to quit Windows

Philip Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jan 21 13:38:19 IST 2007

Sometime on Jan 20, C.E. Hariharan assembled some asciibets to say:

> Well,this discussion has been useful to me since I am in SEM-II Engg. and
> they are teaching us C++.
>> please read Stroustrup after learning a bit.
> I would like to ask Pradeepto what does he mean by a bit.Exactly how much is
> a bit?

I've been programming for over 20 years, and have been doing C++ for
over 8 of those.  I've never read Stroustrup.  OTOH, I have friends
who've been doing C++ for 4 years, but have read Stroustrup completely,
and I have friends who fall at all levels between.  We all have
comparable C++ skills.

IOW, and as KG would say - different people have different requirements.
You'll know when it's time for you to read Stroustrup because you'll
actually be able to read it.